Excuse the brag, but we've really outdone ourselves here. Proving that true trail-taming capability doesn't have to come at an intimidating price, the Rockhopper Expert is the culmination of 30 years of redefining the relationship between value and performance.
Start with a painstakingly engineered Premium A1 Aluminum frame, add in modern geometry that keeps one eye on efficiency and the other on confident capability and you have the rock-solid foundation of our best Rockhopper yet.
Pair that with a parts list that just doesn't quit (...can we get a shoutout for RockShox's Judy SoloAir fork and SRAM's always-in-charge Level hydraulic disc brakes?) and you have a tubeless-ready, SRAM Eagle 1x12-equipped Rockhopper that's absolutely prepared to fly.
- A breath of fresh air at this price point and plenty north of it, RockShox's Judy SoloAir brings air-sprung sensitivity and performance to the masses with a killer value proposition: more bang, less buck. The TurnKey damper deftly dishes out travel letting you focus on what's ahead.
- A heart of gold, presented in our lightweight yet durable Premium A1 Aluminum, the Rockhopper's butted aluminum frame features hydroformed top and downtubes in order to keep weight low and strength high, all while providing increased standover clearance, slick internal cable routing and dropper-post compatibility.
- With the goal of making sure that the Rockhopper offers both the best fit and best performance for every person, no matter their measure, we've paired each Rockhopper frame size with the optimal wheel size. The result is a Rockhopper to fit every rider and the assurance that every Rockhopper is rolling on the best-handling wheel for its frame size.
- Soar up climbs and dive down descents with SRAM's ultra-wide-range SX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain.
- Tubeless-ready rims and tires keep your options open and traction on-call.
|Crank Length (mm)||165||170||170|
|Handlebar Width (mm)||700||720||740|
|Stem Length (mm)||40||40||60|
|Saddle Width (mm)||155||155||143|
|Seatpost Length (mm)||300||350||400|
|Head-Tube Length (mm)||95||100||105|
|B-B Height (mm)||310||310||310|
|B-B Drop (mm)||43||43||43|
|Fork Length (full) (mm)||475||485||495|
|Fork Rake/Offset (mm)||42||42||42|
|Chain-Stay Length (mm)||440||440||440|
|Top-Tube Length (horizontal) (mm)||541||565||589|
|Bike Stand-Over Height (mm)||658||695||735|
|Seat-Tube Length (mm)||310||350||400|
|Size||Height (inches)||Height (cm)|
|X-Small||4'10” - 5’1”||148 - 155cm|
|Small||5'2” - 5’5”||158 - 165cm|
|Medium||5'5” - 5’10”||165 - 178cm|
|Large||5'10” - 6’1”||178 - 185cm|
|X-Large||6'1” - 6’4”||185 - 193cm|
|XX-Large||6'3” - 6’6”||191 - 200cm|
|Frame||Specialized A1 premium butted alloy, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger, stealth rack mounts, dropper post compatible|
|Fork||RockShox Judy, Solo Air, Turnkey damper, 42mm offset, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), alloy steerer|
|Rims||Specialized Alloy, hookless, Tubeless ready, 25mm inner width|
Front: Formula DC-20, 6-Bolt, disc, 100x9mm spacing, quick-release
Rear: Formula DC-22, 6-Bolt freehub, disc, 135x9mm spacing, quick-release
|Tires||Fast Trak Control 2Bliss Ready T5, 27.5x2.35"|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM Powerspline|
|Crankset||SRAM SX Eagle, Powerspline|
|Shifters||SRAM SX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50t|
|Chain||SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Brakes||SRAM Level, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm|
|Handlebars||Stout Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on|
|Stem||3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 7-degree rise|
|Seatpost||Alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm|
|Saddle||Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155/143mm|
|Pedals||SBC-54 Flat pedal|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Lagoon Blue/Satin Light Silver / X-Small||888818775231||91822-3001|
|Gloss Lagoon Blue/Satin Light Silver / Small||888818776467||91822-3002|
|Gloss Lagoon Blue/Satin Light Silver / Medium||888818775460||91822-3003|
|Gloss Oak Green Metallic/Metallic White Silver / X-Small||888818801718||91822-3201|
|Gloss Oak Green Metallic/Metallic White Silver / Small||888818801800||91822-3202|
|Gloss Oak Green Metallic/Metallic White Silver / Medium||888818802739||91822-3203||6100|
|Satin Silver Dust/Black Holographic / X-Small||888818801749||91822-3301|
|Satin Silver Dust/Black Holographic / Small||888818802524||91822-3302|
|Satin Silver Dust/Black Holographic / Medium||888818803002||91822-3303||7865|