Men's Rockhopper Expert
The Rockhopper Expert is the perfect bike to begin your dive into the XC world. That's because Specialized built it to be light, durable, and exceedingly capable.
It starts with an A1 SL alloy frame that has optimized tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, a Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes spec'd with a mix of durable Shimano components, powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, grippy Ground Control tires, and an SR Suntour XCR-Air fork with just the right amount of travel.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support an XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends with equal aplomb.
- SR Suntour XCR-Air fork features 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of suspension travel that swings well above its weight class.
- Shimano Deore rear derailleur provides crisp, reliable shifting that you can count on when the going gets rough. With it, you'll be able to precisely move through the wide gear range to make cruising the flats almost as easy climbing those hills.
- A1 SL Aluminum, Sport XC 29 Geometry, tapered head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- SR Suntour XCR-Air 29, rebound adjust, air spring, tapered alloy steerer, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), 51mm offset
- Front: 9x100mm QR
Rear: 9x135mm QR
- Stout XC 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 28/32h
- Shimano Center Lock, disc
- Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead
- Stout, forged alloy, 3x9
- Bottom Bracket
- Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link
- Front Derailleur
- Shimano Altus FD-M371, 34.9mm clamp, down-swing
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano Deore, 9-speed
- Cassette/Rear Cogs
- Sunrace, 9-speed, 11-34t
- Shimano Acera 3x9
- Stout double-butted alloy, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 720mm width, 31.8mm
- Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180/160mm rotor
- Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seat Post
- Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm